Saturday, December 30, 2006

It is done

What am I talking about? Saddam? Major monopoly phone company? My website? I'll actually address it all starting with Saddam Hussein. They executed him today and that is all.. I really have no opinion because propaganda would like you to believe that he is the antichrist but who knows what really went on.

Major monopoly phone company is also gone, we got bought out by even more major monopoly phone company this weekend. My thoughts? I hope they get rid of some of that overhead, namely the overhead that write people up for doing their job better than most. Atlanta was the base operations for the company that was bought out, now Atlanta is just a hub so I'm sure there will be a lot of changes coming down the pipe but union jobs like mine will not change at all.. I guess the union does have its benefits.

And finally the website, we are soooooooooooooo close to being finished I can actually taste it. The manufacturer of our cheesecakes and I finalized the deal yesterday and I feel really good about that. The cheesecakes look AMAZING and I've never had cheesecake before, I think I'm going to try the Extremely Berry Sampler first.

My sons first basketball game was today and it was very interesting. He has a hard time with shooting because he cannot get the ball up to the hoop, but he can dribble and passes very well. The coach has them doing the same defense and the same offense every time but I am going against the grain and teach him some other things. Since he cannot shoot I am trying to get him to focus on dribbling and passing to an open man that can shoot the ball, the coach is not teaching them that. I am working with him on that but also I'm doing something very unorthodox.. he is playing basketball on the playstation. There is a VERY interesting study that kids have an easier time learning a sport when they have already visualized the game through... video games. Kids end up knowing the rules and actually developing better because they have visualized the game already.. now he wont play the game for hours but just for a little while, we'll see how it goes.

Other than that the day was uneventful, random thoughts:

I would be very depressed if I hit the lottery

Democracy is useless if you have an uneducated society (I'll expand on this in a later blog)

Racism is still alive but way more in the south than up North

Later!

No comments: