Sunday, December 24, 2006

The nightmare

When we last left (about 2 minutes ago) our hero was going through hell with web developers, now what will he do? Actually I am going to paste my experience that I explained on a car forum, it pretty much sums up what I went through with CreativeSurge, the web design company that took me for $5,250. This is all quoted from my post so if it sounds weird then that is why.. Enjoy!

"First off I want to state that I am not writing this to start any drama, I simply have no other avenue to resolve the issues I am having with the person and the company and I would hate for any other forum members to run into the problems I have had (I know of one who already is) Trust me I did not want things to come to this and I hate it but I cannot get a response from CreativeS.

I'll try and make this short and to the point, I met Andre (CreativeS or Newkdesign on this site) after I was taken by another web developer, see this thread:

click here

His company did not have time to take on my project at first but a month later he came back and said they could do the site without a problem and that their projects are usually done before the scheduled completion date which was set as June 26th, 2006.

I signed an agreement that stated the schedule for the site and the schedule for the payments. The entire project was to be done for $4,750 paid in four increments that coincided with the milestones of the project. The first milestone of the project went by and I sent the first payment ($1750) Second milestone passed and it was apparent that the project was way behind schedule, Andre assured me that the project would be back on schedule so I sent the next payment ($1,000 - My mistake for paying on schedule without the project being there)

Completion date came and passed but Andre still told me that the project was days from being finished so I sent the next payment ($1,000 - My dumb mistake again) Another month goes by and I keep getting the same response that the project is near completion, we agree to add some other features to the site that would add $2000 to the final price so I sent a $1500 payment to keep on schedule since the project was so close to being finished (So I thought)

To make a long story short it is now the end of September and all that has been done is:

click here

Basically a template if that and I am suffering because I needed for this business to be up and running by now, the business is all web based so the website is critical, I now have no choice but to go with a different developer. I have been working on getting the work that CreativeS/Newkdesign did but Andre will not answer the phone, respond to my instant messages on MSN, or my emails. I will say that Herman with Creative Surge has been trying to help get things resolved but nothing has been accomplished and I have to start from scratch.

Today I sent an email to Andre about refunding half of the money that I have paid, which I think would be pretty fair considering the lack of work that has been done on the site but still compensating them for the trouble. I have been very patient and understanding in the whole process but my patience is gone. Some may suggest taking legal action but because I'm starting over I need the money to finish the site and get my business going. They are based in Canada and I'm in Atlanta, GA so I can only imagine what it will cost, plus the agreement I signed basically leaves them without any kind of liability. (yes I read it)

So as I said before, this is the last avenue I have. I am not here to slander anyone, I just wanted some resolve but I cannot get an answer from Andre and I've pretty much accepted that this has been a bad business decision and a $5000 mistake on my part. Lesson learned and because I'm still young I'll absorb it but its still not a great feeling to lose that kind of money."

No comments: